יום חמישי, 20 אוגוסט 2026Thursday, August 20, 2026
Follow Us
יום חמישי, ז׳ אלול תשפ״וThursday, August 20, 2026
Follow Us

Sections

Categories:

Threatening Caller to Toulouse Jewish School Gets Jail

By JTA

|

September 28, 2013, 5 PM ET

A man who made death threats against the Jewish school in Toulouse where Mohammed Merah killed four people last year was ordered jailed for a year.

Lucien Abdelrhafor, 20, in an expedited court procedure Monday also received an additional year’s suspended jail term for phoning in the threats to the Ohr Hatorah school, the French daily L’Express reported.

According to SPCJ, the French Jewish community’s security service, the man called the school on Sept. 16 and told a secretary, “I am Mohammed Merah’s cousin and I’m coming over tonight to kill you.”

Merah in March 2012 gunned down a rabbi and three children at the school, which changed its name from Ozar Hatorah after the attack.

Abdelrhafor in the call claimed to be a “cousin” of Merah — a false claim, according to SPCJ.

SPCJ said police have arrested several callers who threatened violence against the school following the shooting.

French police believe Merah planned the shooting with his older brother, Abelkader, who is in prison awaiting trial.

More Articles

Family / Marriage and Relationships

Pieces of Me

By Henni Halberstam

Jewish Community / Community Currents

ChicagoChesed

By Jewish Press Staff

Parsha / Torah

The Promise

By Rabbi Dovid Goldwasser

Serials

Getzlight – Chapter VIII

By Ruchama Feuerman

View all

Sponsored Posts

cross